TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Eastchester-based CUCD boys teen basketball program won its first tournament of the season and placed second in the next two in March and April.
The Children Understanding Cultural Differences community basketball club founded by Donald Gunther and supported by private and community sponsors, continues to make strides in bringing athletes from Bronxville, Eastchester, Tuckahoe and surrounding Westchester communities together on and off the court.
"Our ninth grad team went 4-0 and won our first tournament, went 1-2 in our second and just finished with a 4-1 record last weekend to place second," Gunther said. "We're 9-3 against the talent level we are playing that is extremely good. I am proud of our ninth grade team."
Gunther said the CUCD team is being sponsored to play in the Gym Rat Tournament May 24 to 26 in upstate Saratoga where 450 teams will compete.
"We also have plans to go to Springfield (Mass.) Hall of Fame Tournament in July ," Gunther said. "We gave players from Tuckahoe, Eastchester, Mount St. Micgale Academy (Bronx), New Rochelle, Mount Vernon and Rye Neck High schools making up our three teams."
- 1 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mamaroneck Couple Donates $5M To Purchase College
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Former Mamaroneck Schools Superintendent Appointed At White Plains