WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Woodlands High School boys basketball team advanced to Friday's Section 1 Class B championship game with a 51-44 victory over Rye Neck at the County Center on Monday.
Woodlands, seeded No. 6 in the tournament, will meet the winner of the second semifinal game between top-seeded Irvington and No. 4 Putnam Valley in Saturday's title game scheduled for 2 p.m. at the County Center.
Ross Joseph led Woodlands with 18 pointd and 11 rebounds and teammate Jamil Gambari hit a big 3-pointer to give the Falcons a 36-34 lead midway through the fourth quarter.
Rye Neck, seeded seventh led 34-33 early in the third quarter before the Falcons went on an 18-10 run to close out the win.
Woodlands led 23-20 at halftime and the two teams traded leads five times in the up-and-down second half before the Falcons pulled away in the last 1:30 of the game.
Matt Franks led Rye Neck with 17 points.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam