Contact Us
Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
Return to your home site


Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Overnight Rain Leaves Some of Mamaroneck Soggy

MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- A minor coastal flood advisory is in effect for Southern Westchester until 4 p.m. Thursday, following an overnight rain fall that left some yards in Mamaroneck's flood-prone areas pretty soggy.

A coastal flood advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore. High tide is around 1 p.m.

The National Weather Service predicts a 30 percent chance of rain mainly before 1 p.m. Thursday with south winds from eight to 13 miles per hour. The high is expected to be near 47 degrees, with a low of 37, and a 70 percent chance of rain after 1 a.m.

"Typically our warning threshold, or our threshold of concern, is between four and five inches of rain," said Richard Slingerland, village manager in the Village of Mamaroneck. "What they're predicting is nothing we really have to worry about."

Thursday, a tenth to a quarter of an inch of rain is expected, according to the National Weather Service.

Rain is expected to continue through 10 a.m. Friday morning, which will be breezy with winds blowing southwest between 15 and 25 miles per hour, and gusts as high as 40 miles per hour. High winds are expected to continue through Friday night, which may drop to 29 degrees, and into Saturday, which may hit a high of 39 degrees.

Saturday night may be cloudy with a low near 20. Sunday, the clouds could part for a sunny, but cold day. The high is expected to be 28 degrees, with a low of 14.

Don't forget to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter .

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.