Contact Us
Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
Return to your home site

Menu

Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
news

10 Hospitalized With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Westchester

Emmalon Avenue in North White Plains.
Emmalon Avenue in North White Plains. Photo Credit: Google Maps

Nearly a dozen people were hospitalized on Wednesday morning when a generator running inside their North White Plains home caused carbon monoxide to build up, sickening residents in the home, police said.

North Castle Police Officers were dispatched to an Emmalon Avenue home shortly before 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, where there were reports of people becoming sick, police said. In total, 10 people were transported to local hospitals with symptoms related to carbon monoxide poisoning.

None of the injuries are believed to be life-threatening. Further investigation by police found a generator running on the top floor of the residence. Police have cautioned that generators should not be run inside houses, garages or basements.

The incident was reported hours before the worst of a winter storm that may drop up to 20 inches of snow in the region, as thousands of Hudson Valley residents remain without power from the weekend Nor’easter that has led to criticism for Con Edison and NYSEG’s response.

Check back to Daily Voice for updates.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.