Contact Us
Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
Return to your home site

Menu

Mamaroneck Daily Voice serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck
police & fire

CO Leak Inside Mamaroneck CVS Sends One Person To Hopsital

The CVS store on Boston Road in Mamaroneck was evacuated after a gas leak from a faulty furnace send fumes inside the store injuring one person.
The CVS store on Boston Road in Mamaroneck was evacuated after a gas leak from a faulty furnace send fumes inside the store injuring one person. Photo Credit: Sandra Levine

MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Fire crews said a malfunctioning furnace caused a carbon monoxide leak at the Mamaroneck CVS that sent one person to the hospital and forced the evacuation of the store on Tuesday, Dec. 29, according to Westchester.News12.

Firefighters responded to the store at 100 East Boston Post Road about 4:30 p.m. after a strong smell of gas was reported. Con Edison shut down the heating and cooling systems, and evacuated the customers and employees, said the news source.

Crews said the malfunctioning furnace sent the potentially lethal gas into the duct system of the building, pumping inside the store. The manager was taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide symptoms, added Westchester.New12.

There is no word when the store might reopen, says Westchester.New12.

Click here to read the entire Westchester . News12 story.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Mamaroneck Daily Voice!

Serves Larchmont & Mamaroneck

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.