MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck Avenue was ranked among the top elementary schools in New York by education website Niche.
Niche compiled data on elementary schools from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. That data was broken into four different metrics and assigned a letter grade:
- Overall District Experience
- Teacher Grade
- Student Culture and Diversity
Mamaroneck Ave., ranked 18th overall, boasted an "A+" grade in three of the four categories. Its lowest mark was an "A-" in student culture and diversity. The school fell in the rankings due to lower scores in math and reading proficiency.
The top school in Westchester was Scarsdale's Fox Meadow, which ranked fourth in the state.
Westchester County Schools were featured prominently in the top 25.
- Fox Meadow, Scarsdale (No. 4)
- Edgewood, Scarsdale (No. 5)
- Quaker Ridge, Scarsdale (No. 7)
- Greenacres, Scarsdale (No. 8)
- Greenville, Edgemont (No. 10)
- Seely Place, Edgemont (No. 11)
- Osborn School, Rye City (No. 12)
- Heathcote School, Scarsdale (No. 13)
- Midland School, Rye City (No. 16)
- Bronxville Elementary, Bronxville (No. 17)
- Mamaroneck Avenue, Mamaroneck (No. 18)
- Douglas G. Grafflin School, Chappaqua (No. 20)
- Roaring Brook School, Chappaqua (No. 21)
- Westorchard School, Chappaqua (No. 22)
- Milton School, Rye City (No. 23)
- Wampus School, Byram Hills (No. 25)
Top honors in both New York and the country went to the George A. Jackson school in Long Island.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.